Sunday, May 6, 2012

Big Boy!

I'm so proud of Oliver (and so grateful).  He figured out potty training in 2 days total and now hasn't had a single accident in 6 days.  We went in a public restroom for the first time yesterday and he wasn't phased.  He's done fine with babysitters too.  I know boys can be super slow, so I am really thrilled.  I think it helped a ton that Chris was home this week and was really chill about it, so he didn't feel pressure.  At first we did stickers and 12 stickers = a bigger prize, but now he doesn't really ask, so we're phasing those out too.

When we talked about "no more diapers, we need to save them for the baby" he added, "and no more Nuks!"  So, he's also not using his Nuk in bed much at all either.  He'll still ask for it occasionally for naps, but it's a big change.

I'm not sad to be done with diapers, but I did have a serious nostalgia pang when I realized that after 35 months and 2 weeks, all of a sudden we haven't used the changing table at all.  It's just another of those small but poignant moments of proof that life moves quickly.  Big boy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment