Monday, May 28, 2012

Banana Baby

I'm 20 weeks already!  This pregnancy is certainly flying by, especially compared to Oliver where I felt like I noticed every single day and spent hours researching, shopping and wondering.  Sometimes I've felt a little guilty that I'm not focused in the same way, but my OB pointed out that I AM giving this baby all my 2nd time mom expertise and lack of nerves.

That all being said, in the last few days the baby has been moving so much and I feel all sorts of kicks and punches now and I LOVE it.  I don't remember being quite so enamored with my fetus first time around, but this time I just feel like the baby is talking to me with every kick.  I also have a very sweet spot for this second born child, being a second child myself.  It changes things for everyone, I know that, but I am also keenly aware of the struggles of the second born and determined to make this baby uniquely loved and cherished.

We go in tomorrow morning for our 20 week ultrasound and I can't WAIT to confirm the sex!  In light of 2nd time motherhood, we've also decided to find out the sex, tell everyone, and we even think we'll announce the name ahead of time.  I hope it will help Oliver be prepared to know some details about his new brother or sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment