Thursday, November 4, 2010

Working Mom

It can be tough to be a working mom. There are long days away from my son and sometimes I miss him so much it hurts. I mostly hate the feeling that I miss out on little stuff, small developments, new words, new experiences. These past 18 months have been a real blessing for me in that Chris has been home most of the time while he's been in grad school. It's allowed us flexibility in scheduling, a parent with our child, and most importantly, it gets me as close as possible to being a part of his days. Most days I get text messages with pictures of Oliver in their adventures and messages to Mommy.

They are a small little something that make a huge difference.

"Here's my new spot."
Photobucket

One of the first full tantrums caught on iPhone.
This one related to his passion for Nutrigrain bars.
Photobucket

On an overnight trip away I called to sing him a song and this was the reaction I got to see a few minutes later.
Photobucket

Nigh Night Mommy!
Photobucket

Daddy attempted field trip to the park cut short by an impromptu nap.
Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Being a working mom has got to be the hardest thing in the world. But what do I know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, these are so sweet! When I'm traveling for work Todd and Nathan make me a video every day, and it makes all the difference for me. It's funny how just a little picture or snippet can make my whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the picture of Oliver with the phone.

    ReplyDelete