Saturday, September 18, 2010

More running

I ran my first half-marathon last weekend, alongside my little sister Laura. It was a huge accomplishment for me and we both felt proud. I think I would already sign up for another one actually, perhaps the Louisville Derby half-marathon next April. We want to make sure we visit some Midwestern cities before we'd ever move away from Chicago, and running events seem like a good excuse to take a long weekend. I think about my first 5K in 2006 and how running has changed my life and I'm pretty amazed. The 13.1 miles were really hard, but I'm the type that does well with a specific goal in mind, so it seems that I'd want to continue to strive for big races.

I was thrilled that my sister did this with me, even though we had to "train together" across 2,100 miles. It was really great that my brother, husband and baby all came out to cheer us on!

No comments:

Post a Comment